Sunday, April 3, 2016

Darlene Polachic's Jack Frost Snowflake

Jack Frost Snowflake designed by Darlene Polachic, published in "Big Book of Tatting" by House of White Birches.  I know snowflakes should have 6 points, but I'm a sucker for arches. The picots in the center were bumping into each other and annoying me, so I tied them together into a little star in the world's simplest application of needlelace.
Darlene Polachic_Big Book of Tatting_Jack Frost Snowflake

Turns out this is yet another out of print tatting book.  It has some nice patterns but is not something I'd recommend spending a lot of money for.  Weirdly, the cover image below is not the same cover as the Amazon page itself or my copy of the book.  Not sure what is going on there.

6 comments:

  1. Looks very nice. I like arches, too. Cover on the Amazon page is the same as the cover on my copy of the book. You came up with a great solution to the center picots bumping into each other.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I was pleased when I realized I could tidy it up that way.

      Delete
  2. It's very pretty. Perhaps it's a motif rather than a snowflake.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The book actually called it a snowflake, even though it had 8 points. :)

      Delete
  3. Your snowflake is awesome!!!! :)
    I have that book and it looks like that cover, but I was disappointed when I received it and it was a thin book....I was expecting something called the Big Book of Tatting to be thick with tons of patterns. Still, it has some wonderful patterns in it, and you sure made that one look gorgeous!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed! I was much happier with the size of "The Tatter's Treasure Chest" through Dover.

      Delete